"Shining", a Feel-Good Fatherhood Movie
One kind of internet video I love is the "recut trailer", where different music and sequencing makes horror films out of family movies, and romantic comedies out of slasher films. There are a lot of them out on YouTube, but it takes some really good editing skills and awareness of cliches to really make a good one. Here are ones that have given me a lot of laughs.
- "The Shining" recut as a feel-good fatherhood movie
- "Mary Poppins" recut as Scary Mary, an Exorcist-like film
- "Office Space" recut as a psycho-killer movie
- "Taxi Driver" recut as a When-Harry-Met-Sally romantic comedy
- "The Matrix" recut as a romantic weepie about a love-at-first-site encounter
- Gump Royale...a merge between "Forest Gump" and the 007 movie "Casino Royale"
- "Field of Dreams" recut as a thriller about a sinister neighbor
- Will Ferrel comedy "Elf" recut as a horror movie
- "Brokeback Mountain" recut to have over-the-top heterosexual themes
- Brokeback to the Future, a recut of "Back to the Future" with latent homosexual themes
- "Peter Pan" as a steamy love triangle
- "The Matrix" recut with a Brokeback Mountain plot